c-bus interface with ness D16X

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by Klink, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Klink

Klink

Im trying to program the ness panel to turn on group addresses on the c-bus on certain events but nothing is happening.
    I can see the Ness panel in the data base on the toolkit but not assigned to any application if that sounds right.
    Ive enabled the Ness panel for c-bus using P150E and then configured a couple of output events but no luck. Nothing is happening:(

Klink, Dec 23, 2009
  2. Klink

ashleigh Moderator

Firstly, in Toolkit you will only do a very basic setup of the D16. Basically, make sure it has no clock or burden, and leave it at that.

The complete setup of the D16(X) is done in the land of Ness. If you search this forum I'm pretty sure you will find other posts describing how it is set up.

ashleigh, Dec 24, 2009
  3. Klink

Ross

I posted this elsewhere, however.
    Add a couple of groups with toolkit, Security Armed (080) and Security Disarmed. (081) or what ever group id's work for you.

Then at keypad.

P151E 98 1 15 080 E ...FOR Security Armed
    P152E 99 1 15 081 E ...FOR Security Disarmed

Then add some logic if you have an engine somewhere to capture the strings fired into the network as in...

Security on:
    once GetLightingstate ("Security Armed") = ON then
    begin
    TimerStart (1);
    SetLightingLevel("Security Disarmed", 0%, "0s");
    end;

once GetLightingState("Security Armed") = OFF then
    begin
    TimerStop (1);
    end;

once TimerTime (1) = 180 then
    begin
    PulseCBusLevel("Local", "Trigger Control", "Turn House off", 100%, "0s", "0:00:04", 0%);
    TimerStop (1);
    end;

You can make up a "security off" as well. Turn some lights on if its night time etc. Have a play.

Ross, Dec 24, 2009
  4. Klink

Klink

Thanks for the quick response.
    So what you are suggesting is instead od assigning the group address of a light directly which nothing happened, I should create a couple of groups and that should work for me?

What I tried is firstly
    1st. P150E 1E - to enable
    2nd. P151E 97 1 15 043 E. To try out I wanted the Meals area Light (043 in lighting application) to turn on when the alarm goes off.
    I even tried P161E 77 1 15 014 E to see if it will turn on if the zone becomes unsealed. No luck there either.
    My concern is even tho the Ness panel shows up in the toolkit, all the output events I program on the keypad are not working for me and I dont know how to prove its working correctly

Klink, Dec 24, 2009
  5. Klink

Ross

OK Open your project in toolkit
    connect
    drill down on the LHS
    project>network>Applications>Lighting
    Click on lighting and the RHS will display all your group addys.
    press a switch or something else and you will see an action in the lighting application display on the RHS.

Now do the same with the D16x. You can track what messages, if any, that are getting out to the network.

Personally I would set up a string exactly like the example I gave first.

You will see a group switch, then you can get creative.

Merry Christmas.
    Over and out.

Ross, Dec 24, 2009
  6. Klink

Klink

The test you suggested failed mate. No good. I'm seeing no changes on the toolkit when I activated one of the zones after assigning the lights.
    That string of commands u suggested I tried can't be done as I don't have a pascal if that's what ur talking about.

Klink, Dec 26, 2009
  7. Klink

joshl

try running a diagnotic see when you arm and disarm if it picks up any messages. If not have you supplied power to the cbus interface through the ness panel? (the red cable floating around that doesnt plug into the board) Because you have terminated the cbus cable into the cbus interface for the ness panel it shows up on tool kit, but unless its powered up you dont get any response through the cbus system. Hope that makes sense...

joshl, Dec 31, 2009
  8. Klink

Klink

I'll check it out once I get back from holidays but I'm pretty sure I've connected the cbus interface to the ness board with a 3 or 4 pin white connector. Is that what ur talking about?

Klink, Dec 31, 2009
  9. Klink

joshl

yep klink but if you close there is a red wire that is hanging out of the 3/4pin plug, that red wire you need to pick +ve off the ness panel. It powers up the interface the cbus cable that ya connected is why you can see it on tool kit, but isn't turning your GA's on. Give that a go:)

joshl, Jan 1, 2010
  10. Klink

Klink

That sounds like a plan joshi as I never received any docs from ness when I purchased the panel so I probably didn't connect the red lead. I let u know how it goes when I get back on Monday night. Thanks a million

Klink, Jan 1, 2010
  11. Klink

Klink

Joshi, your the man. That worked a treat.Thanks heaps for that. It's always the red wire lol.
    One other question. Is there a way when u disarm in alarm state to get the lights to turn off? It seems 98 works when in disarm mode only. One option I suppose is to assign to a wall button to all off.

Klink, Jan 6, 2010
  12. Klink

joshl

Glad you solved it :) Depends are you setting one individual group address on then off for the alarm state? (In the cbus supplement booklet) that comes with the panel with the interface it should have a whole lot of commands where you can set your ramp time group address and for how long. This works great for group addresses.... If you have a set of lights you require to be on you can use a scene for those lights and pulse the groups for the period of time

so it would be something like.....

P151E 98 (disarm) 2 (trigger control instead of lighting) 15( trigger max) 000 (group address) E

So on a disarm the panel sets the scene via the trigger group address.

hope that makes sense?

joshl, Jan 6, 2010
  13. Klink

Klink

unfortunately mate the trigger control function does not work with the pulse function or any timer.Its N/A on the manual and tried it too. Ill just use the Lighting application and and set a timer

Klink, Jan 6, 2010
  14. Klink

joshl

sorry i realised what I did with mine..... I had a ctouch there and stored the scene on there allowing the pulse times to work. So if you have one that is an option to get it going:)

joshl, Jan 6, 2010
Ask a Question