C-Bus Intercom?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by *JD*, Oct 17, 2005.

1. *JD*

*JD*

Hello,

My name is John Duncanson (JD). I am starting a new business in Townsville called Home Smart Home. My Background is AV so I am still working on the smart part. My knowledge in C-Bus is very basic and will improve a little when I attend the starters course in November. So please be easy on me :eek:

The first question is in regards to a new home been built and intergrated with C-Bus. The lady of the house would like an intercom system without any additional product on the walls (i.e. Vallet).

My thinking led me to this hopeful solution. The system would use small microphones placed near or above the wallplates and converted back from mic level to line level. Then all the mic's go into a Audio Matrix Switcher and then out to the different zones with ceiling speakers. Owner would then have an intercom that could cover the whole house or just one room. You would also have control of the volume and if you wanted to overide any music.

Questions :-

Can you link an Audio Matrix Switch with another so that I would have enough inputs?

Can a switch be programmed to operate like a intercom button. Talk only while holding done?

Can C-Bus Software have a seperate page on the Colour Touch Screen to engage the switch, and change the input and output to suit the owners intercom requirment?

Can a DLT wall switch also be programed to control the input and output?

Am I Dreaming? :confused:

Your patience would be appriciated.

Many Thanks,

JD

*JD*, Oct 17, 2005
  2. *JD*

Richo

Although it is physically possible to cascade Matrix Swithcers they don't really support it and it wouldn't have the desired effect. You will be able to by a extra Analog RCA port to plug into a Matrix Switcher (this is a seperate hardware unit that uses the digital extension port on the Matrix Switcher)

Configuring a key as a "bell press" will give you the ability to have a group address that is ON while the key is being depressed.

I pretty sure you could achieve what you want, but it would require a bit of Logic code to be written to achieve it. Maybe not the idela task for your first C-Bus installation.

Yes, in relation to the "intercom" behaviour you desire it would need to leverage the Logic Code. For "normal" multi-room audio behviour no logic is required and it is a simple configuration in the DLT switches.

Richo, Oct 17, 2005
  3. *JD*

*JD*

Thanks for your reply,

I haven't seen a matrix switch in the flesh and I don't know about the extension port. Could you post me a link with the matrix switch diagram that you talk of. If there's no link I'll ask a mate at clipsal to take me through it. I appreciate your time.

Many Thanks,

JD :)

*JD*, Oct 17, 2005
  4. *JD*

Richo

The only info I know of is here

http://www3.clipsal.com/cis/newproducts.php3

download the new products PDF. On page 28 there is the "C-Bus Audio Distributor", this can be plugged into the digital port of the Matrix Switcher to give it another analogue port.

Richo, Oct 18, 2005
  5. *JD*

*JD*

Thanks Richo,

Sorry I was aware of the product, it just didn't click. that would give me 5 Stereo inputs, which in most Townsville homes is enough.

I'm not sure if i'm ready to programe such a system but what you have given me is good head start. The house has just started. So hopefully the clipsal programer I am designing the house with is game. Failing that I'll have to go back to my client with a PABX System (Ugly and bulky).

Just in case your interested. I have also presented the client with another product to replace the Starserve. I think clipsal are working on it but I wanted to put it in and start intergrating it with C-Bus. I'll post it in the starserve forum.

Thanks for your help,

JD
    Home Smart Home

*JD*, Oct 18, 2005
Ask a Question