C-bus Installation Layout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NPEP, Oct 20, 2006.

1. NPEP

NPEP

Hi, I'm new to C-Bus and also this forum (my first post). I was wondering if some of you more experienced installers would be able to post a photograph or two of one of your recent installations? I am looking for information on a basic layout (preferably with any pole covers removed) to show segregation etc. Would also appreciate a few words in regards to why you layout that way. Thanks in advance. Pep

NPEP, Oct 20, 2006
  2. NPEP

NPEP

No response!?

Sorry I didn't realise C-Bus layouts were so jealously guarded. My thanks in advance were obviously too optimistic.

NPEP, Oct 26, 2006
  3. NPEP

_____.

LOL....NPEP.....I don't think it's that layouts are gaurded it's just that what you have ask for would take someone a bit of time to post. Having to get picture's of the boards/wiring and then write you a summary of what they have done and why.
    Maybe if you ask specfic questions it would be easier for people to answer, plus you can try doing some searches on the forum, i'm sure people have already asked some of the question you are wanting to know.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2006
    _____., Oct 26, 2006
  4. NPEP

JohnC

There was a fairly recent thread here :

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2270&page=2&highlight=photos

Few jokes in there (ignore that part), but also a few good comments too.

It's really hard to answer your original question... the layouts tend to be done "as required"... and in compliance with normal (local) wiring rules.

What I mean by that is : what is acceptable in Australia might be completely illegal in the UK or USA. It's not so much a matter of "a right way" but rather of doiing it the "legal" way - and segregation falls right into that category, since there are widely varying requirements depending on where you live.

JohnC, Oct 26, 2006
  5. NPEP

znelbok

znelbok, Oct 26, 2006
  6. NPEP

NPEP

Thank You

I appreciate the responses to my request. The thread(s) you put me on to are exactly what I was looking for. I also feel a bit more welcome now. Kind regards NPEP

NPEP, Oct 27, 2006
Ask a Question