C-Bus Hangs

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brodsky, Jun 29, 2006.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi gents,

This problem that surfaced now, is a new for us.

We have an installation which is about 6 months old and have C-Bus and Minderpro installed.

Normal security PIR's are used via the Minderpro to switch on the lights in certain areas. Right from the start I did notice occassionally that the system seem to "hang". It is noticed when trying to switch anything from the touch screen, switches or via the PIR's.

We updated all the software and firmware on C-bus, touch screen and Minderpro.
    It now starts to happen on a daily basis. The first thing we plan is to disconnect C-bus from the Minderpro interface to try and establish what system causes the crap. My guess is that the network is maybe flooded with C-bus traffic because off all the PIR's (about 10):confused:

I'll hook up Diagnostic utility and monitor it, but does anyone have experience of something similar?

Thanks
    Brodsky

brodsky, Jun 29, 2006
  2. brodsky

brodsky

???:confused:

brodsky, Jun 30, 2006
  3. brodsky

JohnC

Sorry, Brodsky... seems they've all disappeared !

I was gunna post a silly comment about "Hanging with C-Bus" or "C-Bus Hangman" :eek: , but decided against it since your problem actually sounds quite serious.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Minder and have never had any problems like you describe, so I am not much use to you. I hope someone helps you ASAP

Cheers, John

JohnC, Jun 30, 2006
  4. brodsky

brodsky

Hi John,

After disconnecting the Minderpro from C-bus yesterday, the problem still persists, leaving me with only one guess - C-Bus/a component on bus causes the problem.

Never had that before in the last 3 years, any suggestion would be welcomed.

Thanks
    :cool:

brodsky, Jun 30, 2006
  5. brodsky

nickrusanov

i had same problem and than checked to mains voltage. It was 205V.

i connected C-Bus power supplies through stabilizer and it started to work fine.

please check the voltage and stability, hope it halpes.

nickrusanov, Jul 7, 2006
  6. brodsky

Phil.H

Sounds like something fundamental from the brief info you have posted.
    Start with all the basics.
    C-Bus voltage - looking for 30-35volts DC - at all points on the network (check several locations)
    Burden - Go the plug in version.
    Ensure you have three or four devices enabled for network clock. (No more than 4 clocks enabled - starts arguments)
    Run C-Bus diagnostic and confirm you have a clean network with MMI's every 3 seconds.

If you get the last part you have no problems :rolleyes:

Get back with the results to the above...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2006
    Phil.H, Jul 7, 2006
  7. brodsky

brodsky

Thanks guys,

I hooked up a PCI and run Diagnostic S/W for two weeks now. All seems stable again. (customer finger trouble;) Will keep you posted.

Thanks
    :cool:

brodsky, Jul 12, 2006
Ask a Question