C-Bus for Underfloor Heating Zone Control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by marktay, Jan 5, 2005.

1. marktay

marktay

I have been put off using a dedicated UFH control system (SmartKontrols) in the new build I am doing at the moment in the UK. I am trying to avoid conventional thermostats in every room, and wonder if anyone has used C-Bus Temperature Sensors for this purpose.

Thanks

marktay, Jan 5, 2005
  2. marktay

ICS-GS

Not that this is the correct forum for this, but anyway...

My understanding (as i do install UNDERTILE (as opposed to underfloor) heating) is that the control of the element is via a temperature sensor embedded in the floor. Which over time will effect the room temperature.

Controlling with reference to the room temp gives an unnatural feel to the floor as there is a definate temperature differential, with the floor almost constantly hotter than the room temp.

At present, my understanding is that the c-bus temp controller is NOT capable of setpoint adjustment via touch screen, etc. The only way to adjust the temp setpoint is via the software. (most end users won't touch it)

There are good stand-alone products out there that serve this purpose well (Hint: some of them use IR remotes!).

But maybe sometime in the near future, when the logic engine is released, c-bus may be able to accomodate this via a general input module, but not sure at this stage.

But for the meantime, my suggestion is to use IR to send codes to a stand-alone thermostat.

Hope this helps

Grant

ICS-GS, Jan 6, 2005
Ask a Question