C-Bus Floor Layout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hero, Jan 20, 2010.

1. hero

hero

I am a IT Engineer and this is my first time using C-Bus. May I know can I use PICED to draw a floor layout and upload the project to the wiser controller so that I can control the lighting base the the floor layout without C-Touch Screen?

hero, Jan 20, 2010
  2. hero

kjayakumar

Hi Hero,

Welcome to C-Bus and welcome to the forums.

A floor layout is well suited for a Color Touchscreen (CTC) or a Black and White Touchscreen. However, a floor layout is not compatible with Wiser. On Wiser, you will only be able to use the standard widget layout.

This standardized layout concept was very much a design goal for Wiser since the intention was to simplify an integrator's life (excluding all the TCP/IP issues :)) and also provide a provide a familiar look and feel that end users are comfortable with. There is also the goal of Wiser to provide user interfaces for lots of different "touchpoints", like iPhone/iTouch (which just got out yesterday), Media Center, Playstation3, web tablets/slates, symbian phones and the slew of other new devices that the consumer electronics industry comes up with every 3 hours, and that dictates standardization of the layout.

Out of curiosity, since you want a floor layout, and you know that it works with CTouch, why not just use a CTouch?

Best regards,
    jaya

kjayakumar, Jan 20, 2010
  3. hero

dic

Or if you are after a larger screen, try Homegate and a third party touchscreen.

dic, Jan 20, 2010
Ask a Question