C-bus engineer Crewe (UK) area

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EB1, May 10, 2022.

1. EB1

EB1

Hi
    I moved into a house that has c-bus but haven't an idea how to use this technology properly.
    So we have been turning the lights on using the switches on the wall think they are Neo Range.Went to turn light off in the bedroom and it wouldn't turn off and the Neo switch flashed orange & Blue.
    Then none of the lights worked in the house all Neo switches flashed Orange & Blue. Turned the lights off on the Crabtree switchboard. Got the bulb out from the bedroom. Turned the switchboard on but still no lights all Neos still flashing orange and blue.
    I am not an electrician think I need help from the right person.

EB1, May 10, 2022
  2. EB1

Wonkey

Suggestions
    Search Schneider Electric and find an EcoXpert (light and room control) but when you speak to them ensure they know C-Bus you don't want just an electrician

For you to check ensure all the breakers are on in you distribution boards.
    Information that may help diagnose the issue.
    What are the C-Bus and Unit Leds showning on the Output and system support units. These are the blue boxes which some will have buttons on the front in a distribution box hopefully.

Wonkey, May 10, 2022
  3. EB1

Conformist

Where are you located? If in Australia, which city?

Conformist, May 10, 2022
  4. EB1

EB1

Thanks. I am in England. Glad to report all this happened last night and this morning I have lights. When I didn't get an immediate response late last night I went to bed. Tried them after I had posted and they were working. Yet to put the bulb back in the bedroom just in case I go back to square one.
    I take it no one has had this problem before? I will take a picture later Wookey. Maybe you could tell me what it all means. Thanks for the info though.

EB1, May 10, 2022
  5. EB1

Wonkey

If the problem has gone away as if by magic then, may I suggest that you do your investigations to find an installer. What you explained sounds like the starts of a failing product, or possibly water ingress/damp connection somewhere on the C-Bus cabling.

Wonkey, May 10, 2022
Ask a Question