C-bus connection to CNI on Windows 10 PC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Trevor, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Trevor

Trevor

Hi All,
    Have just been given a new PC at work and I'm trying to setup my C-bus network. When I run Piced it fails saying connection to C-Gate failed. I have used the same access control file from my old Windows 7 PC, my Windows 7 PC is on the same switch and it works ok. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
    regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Trevor

Ashley

Are you running Cgate on the same pc as PICED? If so the default access file should work. The PICED project may have been saved with a specific Cgate address. When you select a project, click the NEXT button a couple of times to get the the Cgate connection page and see where it is trying to connect.

Ashley, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Trevor

Trevor

Thanks for the reply Ashley,
    I finally have time to reply to you. After deleting everything and then putting it all back on it all works ok now, not sure what caused it to fail the first time I'm just glad it's working now and i can get on with repairing the touch screens again.

thanks again
    regards
    Trevor

Trevor, Jan 21, 2020
Ask a Question