C-bus compatible security alarms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by N.W.B, Oct 18, 2019.

1. N.W.B

N.W.B

Hi all,

I have been looking for a good security alarm to use with C-bus. I see there is a Clipsal alarm panel (5400CB) in the C-bus catalogue with direct connection to C-bus however there is little information on here from what I can find about it. Has anyone had any experience with this alarm or any other alarms that work well with C-bus? Preferably I would like to do away with the older style key pad and have the security keypad displayed on a ipad either through the C-bus automation controller or the security panels own app.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

N.W.B, Oct 18, 2019
  2. N.W.B

Shiney2512

3. N.W.B

N.W.B

Thanks Shiney,

The ness m1 looks good. Have you programmed these before? Are they pretty straight forward?

What would you expect to pay for the M1 kit? I was quoted $910 Nz.

N.W.B, Oct 21, 2019
  4. N.W.B

JasonY00

Have a look at the Inner Range website. I have a Concept 4000 system (now discontinued) that has worked beautifully with C-Bus for 15 years. I even use the Apple Home app to control the alarm panel via the Homebridge-C-Bus plugin with C-Bus as the glue in between. I can see all of the alarm Smoke, PIR and Reeds that are matched to C-Bus group addresses and can arm/disarm the alarm remotely and provide access from the phone. Their replacement Integri System supports C-Bus but I don't have any experience with it. If it does as much as the Concept Panel interface did, then it may be worth a look.

Cheers

Jason

JasonY00, Oct 23, 2019
    Timbo likes this.
  5. N.W.B

Timbo

I recently put in an Inner Range Inception controller at my house.
    The web interface for this is brilliantly thought out, as it their fully featured API. The team behind this have obviously put in a huge amount of effort. The interface even renders perfectly on mobile devices etc.

Cheaper than Integriti, no special add-on licenses required. Unless you have a large multi-tenant building Inception will likely do the trick.
    I have not had the time to get the unit talking to C-Bus yet (renovations) but I spent a lot of time researching alarms and 3rd party integration before splashing out on the IR product.

Let me know if you have any q's.

Tim

Timbo, Oct 24, 2019
    MarkB and JasonY00 like this.
  6. N.W.B

N.W.B

Cheers Timbo I’ll do some research tonight . Thanks for the info!

N.W.B, Oct 24, 2019
  7. N.W.B

MarkB

Sounds like a good option. I had pretty much locked in NESS M1 for my house, but will definitely be looking into the Inception now. Build wont be finished until some time next year, but I already have a 5500NAC I've been playing with.

Please keep us informed regarding C-Bus integration :)

MarkB, Oct 25, 2019
Ask a Question