C-Bus Cables Proximity

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Leigh, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Leigh

Leigh

C-Bus cables need to be kept clear of 240v by 150mm when running parallel and 60mm when crossing.

Is there any problem with running C-Bus cables adjacent to either telephone cables or home data network cables? I was thinking of running them through a common conduit in some locations.

Leigh, Jul 1, 2006
  2. Leigh

RossW

Telstra get funny about anything else being in the conduit with "their" cable, but from a purely technical (rather than regulatory) viewpoint, there is no problem running tv/video/network/phone/security cables with c-bus cables.

I believe there are two problems with running mains wiring and cbus together - one the regulatory issue of SELV and LV together (although C-Bus cable insulation is I believe, rated appropriately to achieve compliance in that regard), and the issue of spike/noise induction in the c-bus cables. (Although, being all twisted pair, the common-mode noise should cancel leaving minimal impact).

RossW, Jul 2, 2006
Ask a Question