C-Bus, C-Touch Questions

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by fredb, May 8, 2005.

1. fredb

fredb

Hi,
    I am having difficulty in a few areas with my setup.
    I am using the following Hardware & associated software versions:
    a. C-Bus V2.2.0, full buld to SP2.1.5 +Neo
    b. C-Touch V1.1.0.0, for use with Firmware Version 0.6 to 1.9.9
    c. Homeminder V4.0.4

C-Bus
    1. I have qty 3, I/R 4-channel receivers SC5031NIRL. Each unit displays the LED in a "blinking" mode when a channel is activated (showing acknowledgement of an activation), and for one channel of the 4 available, the LED continuously illuminates when I switch on that channel load. Why is the LED signifying just one of the 4 channels activated? Is there any information on what the SC5031NIRL LED is supposed to do?

2. I am using qty 3, C-Bus temperature sensors 5031TS. They all cause very diffferent temperature value displays (when soaked in identical environment) and after adjustment, to attempt a degree of accuracy, do not have identical operational curves. Is CIS going to improve the accuracy or perhaps provide software value conditioning facilities (such as Homeminder) to enable user-calibration?

C-Touch
    3. I am attempting to display the output of my 3 temperature sensors and one Light Level sensor on the C-Touch panel. I have followed all the set-up procedures, selected "monitor", the correct "group" etc. but all I get is a display showing "zero" degrees (or lux). I cannot figure what I am doing wrong? Is there additional information on setting up these items to display on C-Touch?

I would appreciate some assistance on these matters.
    Regards,
    FredB

fredb, May 8, 2005
  2. fredb

Newman

The last release of the C-Bus installation software was 2.7.9. I recommend you download that and use it.

1) The LED is only supposed to flicker/flash in response to IR transmissions to show that it is receiving an IR signal. In addition to this, it will also indicate the state of the 3rd group address in the unit. If the 3rd group is On then the indicator will be On as well.

2) There was a problem with temperature sensors and calibration identified a while ago. Any Temperature sensors built after 29/09/2004 should be correctly calibrated but earlier ones can be returned to the factory for calibration.

3) Contact CIS Technical Support. I think there is a Technical note available to guide you through this.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2005
    Newman, May 9, 2005
Ask a Question