C-bus anomaly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Incontroluk, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Incontroluk

Incontroluk

Hi all,

I need some pointers in the right direction to solve this anomaly, please. I have inherited a Clipsal C-Bus lighting installation with no source file, two touch screens, and a few reflection-type plates. The lights react when pressed, but sometimes there's a delay, sometimes only a few lights respond followed by the remaining group, and sometimes it works perfectly.

What should I look for in the C-Bus diagnostic software? Additionally, is it possible to set up remote monitoring of the C-Bus over a remote IP, or would this require remote desktop installation? At present, I have left the premises to gather information before I return.

Richard

Incontroluk, Jun 15, 2024
  2. Incontroluk

MadDude

Probably the "easiest" way would be to let a windows computer or a laptop with remote access there with a running C-bus toolkit software to gather network activity, so you could review the logs later.
    You would need a way to connect to your C-bus network, there are ways to do it from old and affordable (e.g. USB <-> RS232 adapter + RS232 gateway, all together for <200USD on eBay), a raspberry PI converted into a CNI or a dedicated CNI interface. All these ways have been described in this forum many times.
    On a plus side - you would be able later to convert your PC or raspberry PI into a smart home server depending on your platform preferences (e.g. homebridge in case of Apple HomeKit or OpenHAB in case of android).

You could, hypothetically, install a C-gate server locally (.e.g on a raspberry PI) + a C-bus network interface and connect to a C-gate via remote.

MadDude, Jun 17, 2024
    Incontroluk likes this.
  3. Incontroluk

Graham Lamb

Hi
    If they are LED light fittings connected to the one channel of a dimmer output this happens sometimes due the incompatibility of dimmer/LED fittings. I have 3 LED connected to one dimmer channel (8 Channel 1 amp dimmer) and when they are turned on they will come on at different times only a few seconds apart and never the same sequence ??? I have tried load correction devices with no change to operation its only in my hallway so i live with it.

Graham Lamb, Jun 18, 2024
  4. Incontroluk

NickD Moderator

Which touchscreens are they? If there is a 6.5" Colour Touchscreen then it contains a copy of the project.

NickD, Jul 12, 2024
  5. Incontroluk

IA_Jim

The first thing to check with slow network response is A. logs as mentioned earlier, but you also want to check for the number of clocks running and to also determine if you need to enable the network burden.
    You can have up to 3 clocks running for reliability, however if you have any power supply issues it can mess with the clock signal.

IA_Jim, Jul 13, 2024
Ask a Question