C-Bus and X10 hybrid via Minder interface

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Tom Kecil, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Tom Kecil

Tom Kecil

I have a C-Bus and Minder installation working fine, but I want to take advantage of some X-10 gadgets such as a universal learning remote that will control all my A/V gear as well as being capable of sending X-10 commands.

Can I, with the edition of an X-10 interface unit plugged into minder, simply read the X-10 commands sent by the universal remote and use simple scenarios in Minder to control C-Bus items? It seems logical but I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if anyone else has tried this and if there's any tips or tricks to it.

Also, there seems to be a few X-10 interfaces around - does a standard "two way x-10 interface" with the telephone socket work with Minder?

For the purists out there yes, I would MUCH prefer a 100% C-Bus solution, but there are a few things it can't do (yet :) ....); Is there a price or an ETA on the C-Bus touchscreen universal remote (5030URC) - it looks great and might just be tempting enough to wait. ;)

Tom Kecil, Jan 17, 2005
  2. Tom Kecil

Richo

I believe they are available now, I'm pretty sure the last time I asked the warehouse had good stock. Check with your distributor on price (don't have a catalogue handy ... sorry)

Richo, Jan 17, 2005
  3. Tom Kecil

Drew

X-10 / Minder & C-bus

Unfortunately the X-10 implementation on Minder is one-way (only sends out commands and cannot receive return commands for either control or confidence monitoring. You would be better to use an ITT radio bus receiver and a hand held touch control.

Drew

Drew, Jan 23, 2005
  4. Tom Kecil

Frank Mc Alinden

Tom
    Not sure if thei helps but maybe have a look at xPL......
    It has plugins for a x10 receiver as well as Cgate so lighting control with a rf x10 remote is possible......check out the link.........

http://www.xplproject.org.uk/

HTH
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Jan 23, 2005
Ask a Question