BW 5000CT Unit full

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ccgr, Dec 29, 2011.

1. ccgr

ccgr

Hello from Athens
    Recently I had to replace a damaged BW 5000CT in an old installation (with 3 BW 5000CT) with a BW Screen MKII. I was able to replace to unit and upload the old pages without any problems.
    A couple a days ago the customer called me and asked me for some minor changes. He just wanted from me to add some new scenes in the project. I did the changes and uploaded them in the new BW Screen but for the 2 older 5000CT I get a error message ?UNIT FULL?. I ?ve read in a older thread that this has to do with the newer firmware of the unit that occupies more memory, and that a workaround would be to compress the images used in the pages.
    Since my project pages consists only from Components with no images the compression will have no effect in the size of the project file.
    Are there any suggestions how I could work around this problem? Maybe a way to downgrade the firmware of the 5000CT Screens?

I am using the latest version of PICED.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

I thank you in advance
    Regards
    Christos

ccgr, Dec 29, 2011
  2. ccgr

Mark

Components will compress

Hi CCGR,

Even components you drop in off the PICED menus are transferred to the CTouch as images (usually two - the On image and the Off image), so setting Image Compression in Project Details/C-Touch from low to medium or high may well fix your problem.

If it still doesn't fit you can manually optimise your project to compress better. The best way to do this is to ensure multiple components use the same images by ensuring they are identical.

I find the most effective way to do this is to make a standard button with no text (this is important as any text is actually embedded into the button image, rather than being transferred as real text) and use this as much as possible in the project by copying it and never resizing it or changing visual properties. Then go and create Text components and overlay them on top of the button - this is fiddly, but with care it can look the same as using the Text field of the button.
    All this means you get many buttons with only a single on/off image plus the (relatively small) text images overlayed on top.

Hope that helps,
    Mark.

Mark, Dec 30, 2011
Ask a Question