Button to display SystemIO value

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by NickLocke, Jul 23, 2008.

1. NickLocke

NickLocke

I have a number of buttons on a HomeGate page. They all invoke the same user defined System IO variable, but pass in different integer values (attachment 1). This works absolutely fine - the logic "sees" which button has been pressed, does "stuff" and then sets the variable back to zero.

I am trying to get the background of the button to change while the processing is happening, so have specified Background Status Indication (attachment 2). This works absolutely fine. At least, it did for the first button.....

My problem is that HomeGate is interpreting 0 as "inactive" and everything else as "active". The effect of this is, of course, that the background on all of the buttons changes whenever any one of them is pressed. What I really need to get to is (for example) a value of 65 meaning "active" and anything else meaning "inactive". The Status options (attachment 3) do not seem to give me that flexibility.

I guess I could probably overlay an indicator component of some type over each button to get the behaviour that I want, but that seems overkill and will be a lot of extra components!

Am I missing something?

Thanks, Nick

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      15.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      8.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      7 KB
      Views:
    NickLocke, Jul 23, 2008
  2. NickLocke

Darren Senior Member

No you aren't missing anything.

With the next version of the software, when using a "preset" key function with a system IO, it will use the preset level as active and all others an inactive.

Darren, Jul 24, 2008
  3. NickLocke

NickLocke

Excellent news Darren. Am I allowed to check that "next version" means 4.x.y and not 5.x.y? Would it be pushing my luck to ask whether next really does mean "next" as in 4.3.1 or 4.4.0 (whichever is next)?

Ducks for cover and then asks for a date......

Seriously though, excellent news!

NickLocke, Jul 24, 2008
  4. NickLocke

Darren Senior Member

It will be V4.4.0

I can't give a date, but it is planned to be soon.

Darren, Jul 28, 2008
  5. NickLocke

NickLocke

Thanks Darren.

NickLocke, Jul 28, 2008
Ask a Question