Button LED on but no lights on?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by petercf, Aug 11, 2015.

1. petercf

petercf

Have had C-Bus in for 12 months on a new build, while waiting for the last of the electrics to be completed we did not have the C-Bus programmed and just switched the lights on and off using the push buttons on the 8 channel dimmer.

Now we get no lights on or off, if you push a button the LED comes on but no light(s). Same for all 8 channels on dimmer. If power off dimmer and power it on again, 2 channels have the LEDs lit but no lights on - these 2 LEDs can be made to go out by pushing the button. Note: the same 2 button/LEDs are lit whenever you switch off/on.

As I say fine for 12 months and then nothing. I assume there isn't a fuse located on the power side to each of the dimmers that could have blown, I can't see anything in the documentation?

Any guidance please?

petercf, Aug 11, 2015
  2. petercf

DarylMc

From the information you supplied here is some things to check.
    Also consider any recent changes or works in the home.

First thing try changing some bulbs.
    It's unlikely all have blown at once but can't hurt to be sure.

CBus dimmers have 2 separate power inputs.
    Most likely the CBus dimmer unit will have two separate circuit breakers/RCD's for the control side and the switching side.

Look for a tripped breaker/RCD which may not necessarily be located next to the dimmer.
    If it is not a tripped breaker/RCD perhaps you should call an electrician and ask him to check both 240v supplies to the dimmer.
    A loose wire is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Some installs in the UK might also have individually fused output channels but if all the lights on that dimmer are out I think that is unlikely.

Try one or two new bulbs.
    Check all the breakers/ RCD's in the whole house are definitely on.
    Get someone to test power to the dimmer unit (control and switching side).
    Confirm voltage at dimmer output when local toggle button is on.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
    DarylMc, Aug 11, 2015
  3. petercf

petercf

Thanks for help

hi,

Difficult to change bulbs as they are all wired LEDs, need to find a spare one and see what difference that makes.

The Dimmer and the PAC have only one circuit breaker, so do I assume that power splits into the dimmer control and then to lights?

petercf, Aug 16, 2015
  4. petercf

DarylMc

Don't assume.
    Get it tested.

DarylMc, Aug 16, 2015
Ask a Question