Bus Coupler Query

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by stereo247, Mar 13, 2022.

1. stereo247

stereo247

Just a DIY enthusiast

Have my pool pump hooked up to a 220V relay which I'm triggering with a channel on a L5504RVF (I was worried about the initial spike in current draw being over the 10amp rating of the relays). I'm trying to trigger the unit using a bus coupler connected to a two way switch but cant seem to get the unit to stay on.

The switch is wired to function as a one way switch. I've tried the Toggle and individual On and Off commands in several of the channel function positions but cant seem to keep the pump on for more than a second.

Hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers
    Brent

stereo247, Mar 13, 2022
  2. stereo247

Graham Lamb

Hi
    CBus Relay would be ok controlling pump directly as they are rated AC3 loads (20 times inrush current for motors etc) I have run my 2hp pool pump directly from CBus relay for about 20 years and have plenty of customers doing the same but nothing wrong with the way you have done it. Look at toolkit logs and see what unit is turning pump off may be something like bus coupler setting in long press set as Off.

Graham Lamb, Mar 14, 2022
  3. stereo247

stereo247

Great advice regarding the toolkit log - had a look and saw the PACA i'd programmed over a year ago with this bus coupler was in fact triggering the pump off. Removed the old code from the PACA and no more issues. what a relief.

Also appreciate the heads up on the relay AC3 rating.

Thanks Graham.

stereo247, Mar 14, 2022
Ask a Question