Bus Coupler - 2 scenes on one (switch) input

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by UK Household Automation, Jul 3, 2010.

1. UK Household Automation

UK Household Automation

The new bus couple is a vast improvement on the old - it has virtual keys and the ability to scene set...

I just now there is a way to do this........

I have set two scenes with the same group addressed one for the scene and one for the scene all off.

How can i get a single input on the bus coupler to toggle between the two scenes - i.e when someone presses the switch (on the end of the bus coupler) the light scene comes on and then goes off......

UK Household Automation, Jul 3, 2010
  2. UK Household Automation

Newman

The way to do this is to store the 2 scenes in a different unit to the bus coupler and remotely trigger then. This is an excellent use for virtual keys in key input units.

Assign a Trigger Group in the other key input unit. Put the 2 scenes on 2 virtual keys (or store them in a PAC/C-Touch/etc). Give one Scene the Action Selector 0 and the other Scene Action Selector 255. Then set the primary application on the bus coupler to Trigger Control and assign the bus coupler key to the corresponding Trigger Group.

This works on both old and new bus couplers but the updated bus coupler will allow you to keep the remaining bus coupler inputs on the Lighting Application, rather than requiring all inputs to be on the Trigger Control application.

Newman, Jul 3, 2010
Ask a Question