Burden issue

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Rab_lone, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Hi

I have network installed in my house with 3 dimmers, 2 relays, PAC, sensor and multiple NEO switches.
    I have installed a remote network in my shed with relay, sensor and a few NEO.
    These 2 networks connected via CBUS cable and all working fine.
    When I disconnect the shed off the house it doesn't work. Is it to do with no burden on the relay.
    The burden is set to Dimmer 1 on Address 001 in house network.
    I can't set burden in Relay in shed? The PAC allows me to set a burden in it but unsure if I should.
    Im trying to ensure that both networks can run remotely if CBUS cable happens to fail between them in the future.
    Any suggestions?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Rab_lone, Oct 7, 2020
  2. Rab_lone

Ashley

When you say you have 2 networks, are they really 2 networks joined by a network bridge, or are they directly connected via cbus cable?

If you have a single network, you only need one burden. If you are using a network bridge, you need a burden on each network.

Given the issue you have I assume you really only have one network because if you had a bridge each network will function independently.

A functioning cbus network needs a clock source, sufficient power and generally a single burden. If you want the shed side to work when disconnected, you need to supply these 3 things. Just remember to remove one burden when you join them together.

Designing a large network so you can split it and each section keeps working is a good idea (especially for fault finding), but can be quite complex. Mechanical burdens (that you plug into a spare socket when needed) are the way to go here.

Alternatively, buy a network bridge and do it properly :)

Ashley, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Thanks Ashley

House has powered 3 dimmers, clock on one Dimmer and PAC set. Burden on Dimmer address 001.
    Shed also has powered relay which has clock set.
    So if I buy a bridge and have house in network A, shed network B I can leave house as is and set burden on Relay shed as well.
    Then if cable fails between bridge and shed, shed and house will function separately?
    Just trying to ensure when I leave property if cable fails things will still function.

Sorry hope this makes sense?

Rab_lone, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Rab_lone

Ashley

That is correct. Just set the bridge to application connect mode and copy all the applications to the shed side and it will work transparently. If you disconnect the cable connecting them they will work independently.

Ashley, Oct 7, 2020
  5. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

Hi Ashley, sorry to be a pain.

I purchased a bridge and installed.
    Set up bridge on address 253
    Made a new network on remote side at address 254
    Scanned and found shed units which are in my main network
    Readdressed network to 250 (confused why i need to do this )
    Copied tags over
    Ensure primary application on bridge setting in both networks set

Everything works in shed and house as normal.
    Disconnected link to shed and shed lights etc work.
    I haven't set burden in relay shed but it still works disconnected from house?
    Put everything back to the way it was and removed bridge.
    Now shed still work when I disconnect but burden still set to house dimmer on 001 address.
    Bit confused?

Rab_lone, Oct 24, 2020
  6. Rab_lone

chromus

is the bridge at the house or the shed?

chromus, Oct 25, 2020
  7. Rab_lone

Rab_lone

House

Rab_lone, Oct 25, 2020
Ask a Question