Built-in interlocking feature in DIN relays, is it really working?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Sergio, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Sergio

Sergio

:confused: I have found unexpectedly in CIS System Catalogue, what all C-Bus DIN Relays have "relay interlocking feature selectable via installation software".
    I suppose it is very useful feature , especially for control single blind or screen motor.
    But nobody mention this feature in threads about blinds control.
    I have found pull-down menu "Interlock Channels" in "Turn-on" Tab in Toolkit. Is it really working as I expect?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2005
    Sergio, Jun 22, 2005
  2. Sergio

Don

One interlocked set of relays per product

The interlock feature does work on C-Bus DIN relay products. It allows for up to 8 relays to be interlocked so that only one relay in the group can be in the ON state at a time. A time delay of 16ms is guranteed between one relay turning off and the next one turning on (no overlap). By setting the number of interlocked relays to 2, you could safely provide open/close control of a single blind or shutter.

Unfortunatley, the interlock only allows one set of channels to be defined per product, so if you have more blinds to control, you will need more relay products.

The interlocking was included as a general feature which would allow control of things like blinds, and also mutiple-tapped induction motors and transformers, which also have the requirement of no overlap and interlocking

Don

Don, Jun 23, 2005
  3. Sergio

eleroAustralia

Blind requirements

Hi there,

not quite familiar with the relay yet, but if you use it for blinds, please make sure you include at least 500 mSec (0.5 sec) NOT 16 mSec for the switchover delay between the up and down command.
    (This is a requirement which all major tubular motor manufacturers agree on, at least to my knowledge)

Good luck with your blind project.

eleroAustralia, Jul 11, 2005
Ask a Question