Building a Cbus database from the .ctd file

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by mjjafari, May 19, 2022.

1. mjjafari

mjjafari

I got onto a job with no program files. there was a Spektrum touch screen and I got the .ctd file using the transfer project from unit. I also made a database from the network obviously with no tags. is there a way to get the tags off the .ctd file and rebuild the toolkit database ?

mjjafari, May 19, 2022
  2. mjjafari

Ashley

The only device that stores a copy of the tag database is the original Colour Touchscreen. The Spektrum doesn't. A bit of a design flaw really.

Ashley, May 19, 2022
  3. mjjafari

Wonkey

Not easily but if you look at Tools| Project summary (in Piced) you will see Group address used and on which page and the button used, if the installer labelled the button then your at least going in the right direction to recreate the GA's in toolkit. Obviously if the GA is not used on the screen then you won't have that information.

Or go through each page in the PICED project and open up each icon and edit the GA there to match the name on the visual properties if the installer had given it a relevant name.

Wonkey, May 19, 2022
Ask a Question