Bug / Enhancement

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by pspeirs, Apr 22, 2019.

1. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hey Clipsal Types,

I noticed on the Visualization page (and some others) that the Object dropdown is not wide to show the entire group address. This gets annoying as its the most implortant bit :) See the below as an example. This is using Chrome browser, hopefully this can be added to a backlog as its really annoying.

upload_2019-4-22_22-39-5.png

Cheers,
    Paul

pspeirs, Apr 22, 2019
  2. pspeirs

pspeirs

While I'm on a roll, the option to rename the admin account or disable it entirely would also be beneficial.

P

pspeirs, Apr 23, 2019
  3. pspeirs

Ashley

How about the obvious stupidity. Not having the objects in alphabetical order so you can find them. :(

Ashley, Apr 23, 2019
  4. pspeirs

pspeirs

One vote for that one too.
    Is there any active deveopment around these UI fixes I wonder?

pspeirs, Apr 23, 2019
  5. pspeirs

Jake N

Im having the same issues. Very frustrating not being able to resize the selection windows! Also i notice there is no way to trigger a scene from a lighting type application? Why is this?

Jake N, Apr 30, 2019
  6. pspeirs

Thomas

Well, I agree with all the above, and it has been raised at nausea by myself over the last many months.
    The "Developer" KC does not reply at all, not even to his boss. Consequently his boss also doesn't reply. And of course no action.
    Must be company culture.

So I guess, we have to get used to this stupidity.

Thomas, Apr 30, 2019
  7. pspeirs

pspeirs

The thing to remember is that there is a huge amount of development work that goes into making something like this. In most cases the dev team i understaffed and needs to work on multiple projects, with bug fixes and enhancements competing with new features and business requirements, etc, etc.

I'm sure the Clipsal guys read these forums so perhaps we need a way of submitting requests, bugs, etc so they can be prioritised on a backlog.

pspeirs, Apr 30, 2019
    jboer likes this.
  8. pspeirs

jboer

All the above is super annoying, I have found in the end the best way to get around not being able to see the actual GA is just to start typing what it is and it will filter the list. I did a project recently where it was on a large backbone and you couldn't see any GA text at all!

jboer, May 1, 2019
  9. pspeirs

NickD Moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback and make suggestions. Those UI related ones are already captured in the system.

We've had some turnover in the development team but we have 2 new guys coming up to speed and to cut their teeth they're starting with this kind of issue. I can't promise a release date but I can tell you it is being looked at.

Nick

PS : I'm one of the Clipsal guys who does read this forum as often as I can, any when I see something we're not already aware of I make sure it gets put in the system.

PS : As for some of the other comments...

1) Assuming we're talking about the same "KC".. he is not a developer, he's not part of the development team, and he's not even in the same country as us... I'm not sure exactly what you've been asking him or expecting him to do but if it relates to development of anything related to C-Bus the best he can do is provide feedback to Tech Support or Offer Management to give to the the development team. He may well have done this.

2) Whilst I acknowledge the frustration and agree with much of the criticism... The guys who are reading this forum are doing so because they are passionate about the products and about supporting customers... feedback is welcome, valued, and appreciated, but please try and keep it constructive and refrain from the insults. Bite your tongue if you have to (like I am now).

3) As has been stated ad-nauseum... this is not an official forum, so there is no guarantee anything you suggest here is even seen. If you need urgent support or think something is being overlooked, please use an official channel such as your sales rep, or tech support.

NickD, May 1, 2019
    Damaxx, jboer and Mr Mark like this.
  10. pspeirs

Thomas

Nick,

I am glad to hear that there is someone there who has an interest in getting this product sorted out eventually.
    I also appreciate your input, but I think you are not aware of how the official channel works, or in fact that it doesn't, and never really has. That is if you are outside Oz.
    The official channel landed me up exactly with this KC and his boss, and yes they are not in your country. I doubt they have ever seen what was a CIS office.
    The days when Darren and Ashley were part of the team, one could get things sorted - quickly. In those days there was also product-, and particularly software and firmware development. Regularly.
    Look at the download section now and see when last there was an update.

I would assume that the guys in Oz must be even more frustrated with what Schneider has done to C-Bus, and I appreciate any of the guys who stick it out for the sake of keeping the product alive.

If you you consider how dirty this product was launched, that the touch screens which were products that worked very well, were taken away from one day to the next, and that this "replacement" product is lacking more than half of the capabilities of the products which it is supposed to replace, that for reasons such as those mentioned in this thread, this product requires an unbelievable amount of time to do a basic set up, then you must know that I, like surely many others, are not just biting our tongues, but also out fingers, toes and god knows what else.

To end this off, let me say again that I appreciate all the earnest folks who are chipping away at this. It would be nice to get some updates of what is happening once in a while, because our official channels are even more in the dark than we are.

Thomas, May 1, 2019
  11. pspeirs

pspeirs

In the meantime, this has solved my immediate issue of not being able to see a complete group name. Added the following to the custom CSS field. May not work for everyone as the image tag may be different between units (who knows) but its a start.

Code:
    input#scada-vis-editor-object {
        width: 220px !important;
        position: absolute;
        left: -20px;
    }

img#ext-gen277 {
        left: 208px;
    }

pspeirs, May 15, 2019
Ask a Question