Brand New Installation Best options

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by Player1tv, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Player1tv

Player1tv

Hey all - I got involved in a new house being built and it is huge! They want C-Bus control on everything. as the house is just commencing the build, I have the opportunity to prepare the base wiring or wireless etc.

As everything will be brand new, absolutely everything. Should i go wireless or is it too early for this?

If not I need to plan cabling etc. Wireless would obviously be awesome, but will this limit me?

C-Bus units won't be installed until July 2010..possible development time for devices:eek:

Cheers

Player1tv, Dec 4, 2009
  2. Player1tv

Darren Senior Member

C-Bus wireless is brilliant for retrofitting homes.

If you have the opportunity to get cabling installed, it is generally going to be the better solution. There are more products available in wired and you won't have problems with RF interference.

I always choose wired Ethernet over wireless (WiFi) for the same sort of reasons. You never have reliability problems.

Darren, Dec 4, 2009
  3. Player1tv

Ashley W

As Darren said in a new home where you are starting from scratch C bus wired is the (only) way to go. Going wireless has no advantage what so ever in this situation. Wireless as he mentioned is generally intended for retrofitting in older places, with a few exceptions of course. The plug in in-line dimmer/relays being one such exception.

One thing he didn't mention which is important is wireless switches are actually still wired, but wired to 240v not to C-bus. Clearly it will be cheaper and better to run c-bus cable so really a no brainer in a new home build.

Ashley W, Dec 4, 2009
Ask a Question