Blue screen of death: 5080CTC

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ssaunders, Jan 1, 2022.

1. ssaunders

ssaunders

This is a new one for me, and a throwback to my earlier days in IT. The infamous blue screen of death.

A 5080CTC gives a BSOD complaining UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

To get to this situation I adjusted the code, uploaded it, and things looked unexpected, with me eventually discovering that the wrong default page for startup was set. Disbelieving what I saw, and before I went "Duh. Wrong default page...", I selected an option on the unit 'utils' menu for a reboot to see if it arrived at the same spot. And that's when the BSOD occurred. Powering off/on delivers the same.

Has the CF card finally decided to call it quits after all these years? It's still cocooned under its "Warranty void if removed" sticker, with the warranty running out many moons ago...
    20220101_195001.jpg

ssaunders, Jan 1, 2022
  2. ssaunders

ssaunders

Follow up.

I stuck the CF card into a PC card reader and Windows would not even recognise it as a disk device. Ruled out that the reader isn't faulty by successfully accessing another CF card with it. Then called tech support, and they're going to mail me a replacement card.

Which I will back up.

ssaunders, Jan 4, 2022
Ask a Question