Blinking Orange LED MK2 C-Touch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by fred, Oct 3, 2012.

1. fred

fred

I have a Blinking Orange LED on a MK2 touch. It sits just below the blue night light and behind the screen surround. With the surround in place it is only noticeable at night. What does it mean?????

fred, Oct 3, 2012
  2. fred

Goran C Forum Member

The C-Touch MKII LED below the blue night light is the status indicator. It provides a guide as to what the unit is doing internally.

You mentioned that it was blinking. How fast is it blinking?
    If it is about 1 per second then this is an indicator that Logic is running (The indicator state is toggled when logic is run).

If it is a rapid 5 per second then it is an indication that the firmware corrupt and that new firmware and a new configuration file must be transferred.

Goran C, Oct 3, 2012
  3. fred

fred

Thanks

Its flashing 2.5 times a second... Which will it be?
    Where is this information published?
    Chrs

fred, Oct 3, 2012
  4. fred

Newman

2.5 times a second is about right for the orange indicator LED. It indicates that the logic engine is running normally. I've never seen this information publicly published, probably because the LED is there primarily for diagnostic purposes and those purposes are subject to change. If the blinking is annoying you can always cover it with a piece of black electrical tape.

The green LED (immediately below the orange one) is controllable from within the logic engine using the SetLEDState and ToggleLEDState procedures and can be used for debugging purposes within the logic engine.

Newman, Oct 3, 2012
  5. fred

NickD Moderator

The values Goran provided came from the PAC instructions. The operation of the Logic Engine and LEDs in the C-Touch is basically the same.

Having said that, I noticed mine appears to be toggling at about 2.5Hz, so I had a look in the source code and it seems the instructions are wrong :(

In "normal" operation, the firmware *toggles* the LED each time the logic engine is executed, which is every 200ms, so a 2.5Hz flash is normal.

Nick

NickD, Oct 4, 2012
  6. fred

fred

Thanks

Thanks very much guys...:)

fred, Oct 4, 2012
Ask a Question