Blink Notice

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by dennyzone, Jun 1, 2009.

1. dennyzone

dennyzone

I was asked to create a Blink notice (Blink notice is a method of warning occupants that the lights will be Scheduled or Timed off so allowing them to press an override) for a commercial site and this is the logic I came up with. Most blink notices have different times that you can put in so that you can blink 15 minutes before lights off, 10 minutes before lights off, and 5 minutes before lights off. In my logic it has all three because the customer wanted it that way. I attached an example of a single channels Blink notice and was wondering if any one might want to look at it an make any comments.

Here is some basic setup for the relay and key pad.
    On the Key pad I have group address (Light 1 SW) and it is setup as a retrigger timer. The relay channel has the group address (Light 1.)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2009
    dennyzone, Jun 1, 2009
  2. dennyzone

Darren Senior Member

It seems very complicated. If you need to duplicate this for many groups, you will have a lot of work.

Can you provide some more information about how it is supposed to work, and what the different groups are doing?

Darren, Jun 3, 2009
  3. dennyzone

dennyzone

More information

Darren,

This is what has to happen;
    The load is controlled by a schedule and a timed input to turn On and Off. The schedule holds it on during the day and the input has no effect on the load. When the schedule turns off the load goes through a cycle of blinks off and then back on at an interval of five minutes so you will see a blink off for 1 second at 15 minutes, one at 10 minutes, one at 5 minutes, and then the lights go out. If the timed override is pressed during this blink notice then the blink notice will stop and the lights will stay on for 2 hours and after the 2 hours the blink notice will start up again unless overridden. If the timed override is not pressed then the lights will go out after the 15 minutes and stay off until the next on schedule or override press.

This has to be done all in the PACA because they have 12 channel relays and there are not enough logic lines in the relay to do some of the control in there.

dennyzone, Jun 8, 2009
  4. dennyzone

Darren Senior Member

The attached project is modified from a PICED example project (C:\clipsal\piced\projects\Examples\Logic\after hours\after hours.ctd).

When the time changes from "work hours" to "after hours" a timer starts. Every 5 seconds, the lights go off and after 20 seconds, the lights go off.

To test:
    1. Open project
    2. Click on the button to change from work hours to after hours
    3. You will see the timer displayed and the lights operating
    4. Click on the "extend lighting" button to re-start the timer

To use this in a real project:
    1. Copy the logic
    2. Edit the scenes to suit
    3. Change the delay times to suit
    4. Change the group addresses to suit (in Constants section)
    5. Add a Schedule to control the Work Hours/After Hours group

Attached Files:

Darren, Jun 9, 2009
  5. dennyzone

dennyzone

A little more information

Darren,

The Blink notice you sent me works great that is a big help and give me another way to do it. My problem is the fact that I need to do that 48 times with a PACA. They have 4 -12 channel relays and a PACA per location and they have 18 locations. Is there a way to do this with 47 more groups address?

I tried the logic the way I had it and I ran out of modules, so I tried doing it with scenes and schedule and a little logic and some of my scenes were not received by the units. I have run out of ways to try.

Thanks so much,
    Dennis

dennyzone, Jun 9, 2009
  6. dennyzone

Darren Senior Member

The PAC is really designed for implementing small amounts of logic. You will probably need either more than one PAC, or something like a Colour C-Touch which can handle more logic.

Darren, Jun 15, 2009
  7. dennyzone

Bob Sobota

Blink Alerts

Guys,

Here is a draft based on Blink alerts used extensively in the U.S. It is also specifed in California's Title 24 energy code. As discussed in this thread, creating blink's for multiple groups will exhaust logic resources and exhaust a programmer that has a lot of groups. Any thoughts on creating a CBUS software module for this requirement?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Bob Sobota, Feb 2, 2011
  8. dennyzone

Conformist

Hi Bob

Thanks for posting this... much appreciated

Conformist, Feb 2, 2011
  9. dennyzone

Darren Senior Member

Thanks for that information. This is in our system as #20702. I can't say when this will get done, but we have been discussing it.

I was thinking that we could add a "blink" option for Schedules. By selecting the option, the software would automatically do the blink.

We would have the properties of the blink selectable. For example, you would be able to select how long prior the the lights going off the blink occurs and maybe the duration and number of blinks. It seems that it would only be necessary to select these properties at the project level. Selecting it for each individual schedule seems like over-kill to me. What do you think?

Darren, Feb 2, 2011
Ask a Question