BLIND RELAYS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve Gray, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Hi brains trust
    Having an issue with automated blinds.
    6 sets of blinds with Blind relays (C bus shutter relays) in my control panel that operate each unit OK ( open & close) for the correct blind locations.
    Do notice that Blind relay 1 has the unit light blinking after a cycle. Is this a learning issue?

All switching is controlled otherwise on my Colour touch screen, it now appears from there that blind switch 1 is operating blind 2, blind 1 wont operate at all. All other units work fine.

On the application log in Toolbox CTouch screen blind 1 logs under the Group Tab = 090 Group 90, whereas CTouch screen blind 2 logs under the Group Tab '081'

I have tried changing things around in the toolkit but it doesn't seem to alter things

Is this something that i change fix up in toolbox ( i would have thought so) or is it an issue that i need to access via CTouch?
    I dont have any connection leads suitable for CTouch connection until i get to Jaycar or other supplier tomorrow.

Ctouch 5080CTC2

Thanks in advance for Help

Steve Gray, Apr 18, 2022
  2. Steve Gray

Ashley

Everything works by groups numbers. Names are just a human convenience (the network knows nothing about them). When you start PICED (for the touchscreen), It loads in the current tag file to get the names for each group. So if you change a name in toolkit then start PICED, it will get the new name. If you change an address in Toolkit this will not change the same address in PICED. Also, if you are running Toolkit and PICED concurrently and you change a name in Toolkit, PICED won't see this unless you use the Refresh Tags option.

Moral of the story: Never change addresses once assigned.

You will need to load you Touchscreen project and check all the button assignments. You can do this without being connected to the Touchscreen. You just won't be able to upload changes until you can connect.

Ashley, Apr 18, 2022
  3. Steve Gray

Steve Gray

Cheers
    I will get connection cables for the CTouch and see what i can sort out once i can access it.
    , I did check the group numbers in the 6 relays and wrote them down as initially one blind didn't work, now the number that operated one is operating another

Steve Gray, Apr 18, 2022
Ask a Question