Black and White Screen MKII Compatibility with MKI

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ccgr, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ccgr

ccgr

Hi All

I have a question about the Black and White Touch Screen MKII. In an old installation a Black and White Screen MKI is broken. The customer asked me for a replacement. My question is about the compatibility between the 2 versions of BW Touch screen.

Can I upload the old pages developed for the MKI Screen or must I recreate the PICED pages for the new unit?

I thank you in advance for your answers

Best regards from Athens
    Christos

ccgr, Jul 14, 2011
  2. ccgr

Newman

If you have the PICED project file for the old screen then the conversion is very easy. The screen resolution is the same so all you need to do is change the project type to suit the new screen. You may need to fiddle with things like backlight settings to get the exact behaviour you want, but it's all very minor tweaks. The B&W MK II can do everything the original B&W touchscreen can do, and a whole lot more.

Be aware that the two screens are physically a different size. The Mk II screen is larger, so the hole in the wall will need to be made bigger. If the screen is mouted on a gyprock wall then this will be easy to change. If it's in a wallbox in a brick wall then it's going to be a lot more work.

Newman, Jul 14, 2011
  3. ccgr

ccgr

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ccgr, Dec 29, 2011
Ask a Question