Bizarre PIR Behaviour

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by Collfryn, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Collfryn

Collfryn

I have 3 walk-through connected lobbies A B & C. Each has a PIR 5753L which lights a row of floor leds in the lobby so that the lights come on progressively as you move through the lobbies. The PIRs are set to detect motion in dark and there is no disable/enable.

If I walk from A to B to C the lights in A and C light but the ones in B will not come on. But if I walk from C to B to A all three light sets come on fine. If I enter a door at B and walk into either A or C all the lights work. There are no obstructions that would shade or affect the PIRs . So why wont all three light work when I move from A to B to C?? Its been driving me nuts. Every time I amend the details I get a warning 21000 that non PIR functions may flood the network but I ?m not aware I?ve used non pir functions. I've reset and reprogrammed with no luck. Any ideas welcome

Collfryn, Jan 9, 2014
  2. Collfryn

Collfryn

additional info

I've also noticed that if I pass from A to B and wait for A lights to go out, the B lights will activate from the B PIR. Weird

Collfryn, Jan 9, 2014
  3. Collfryn

jboer

I would look at the positioning or the light level setting on the PIR. It sounds like the light from A is affecting the 'B' PIR as when ever the 'A' light is on first the 'B' PIR won't trigger.

Depending on what model of PIR you have depends on the best place the adjust the light level. Maybe just looking at the manual would be good.

jboer, Jan 9, 2014
Ask a Question