biggest c-bus site in the world?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Bad Boy Bubby, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Bad Boy Bubby

Bad Boy Bubby

hey, i just got back from chrissie in pommyland, apparently the new wembley stadium is completely c-bus. the guy i talked to rekoned there were over 5k!!!! control points :eek: including the pitch lights. anyone got details on this? the site looks awesome its about 3 times bigger than the old one. nice job to win wonder if they need any help in programming???? :)

Bad Boy Bubby, Jan 24, 2005
  2. Bad Boy Bubby

Bad Boy Bubby

Bad Boy Bubby, Jan 25, 2005
  3. Bad Boy Bubby

JackD

JackD, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Bad Boy Bubby

darrenblake

Biggest C-Bus install in the world

You may find some impressive installs closer to home. Stadium Australia in Homebush is decked out with C-Bus, Telstra Dome in Melbourne also features a pretty impressive C-Bus set up. The MCG redevelopment also has C-Bus with C-Lution SCADA software controlling everthing from the lighting (including pitch) to the generator, load shedding circuit breakers, and monitors all incoming power for power factor, current, voltage, harmonics etc, etc.

darrenblake, Feb 1, 2005
  5. Bad Boy Bubby

Tom Kecil

High profile installs close to home

In addition to the Stadium Australia site, the big blue solar towers that run down Olympic Boulevard from the Stadium to the Superdome (yes, the ones pictured on the CIS Homepage) are also hooked up with C-Bus. In a past life I was part of the install.

The opening of the stadium featured the blue lights dimming up and down along the length of the boulevard to create a 'wave' pattern seen from the TV helicopters broadcasting it all live. Spectacular stuff!

Tom Kecil, Feb 1, 2005
  6. Bad Boy Bubby

Glenda

Wembley Stadium Oh eets very Big

Bonjour,

I believe that the Wembley Stadium project will be a sizable installation for the C-Bus system.

My friend who is working there, says that the system will be controlling all of the controlled lighting circuits totalling around 10,000 plus fittings working over around 400 different relays of varying configurations.

There is also estimated to be 500 switches to be used and all of this will be connected together over 50 C-Bus networks.

It appears that as with all large projects things are changing all the time and so numbers will go up and down due to demand.

I shall keep in touch with my friend to see what other details there are out there.

Big Job - Well done C-Bus.

Glenda.

Glenda, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Bad Boy Bubby

Bad Boy Bubby

i knew it was big! what backbone network is being used c-bus or eithernetand how long to get to all the networks? are they running a control package like homegate? do they want any help i could do with a payed holiday :rolleyes:

Bad Boy Bubby, Feb 14, 2005
  8. Bad Boy Bubby

mikegriff

I believe the new Maclaren complex in the UK is all Cbus,must be pretty fast

mikegriff, Feb 14, 2005
  9. Bad Boy Bubby

darrenblake

McLaren HQ

There is a rumour they used blue LEDS in the key inputs because the red leds were similar in colour to the ferrrari team colour.

darrenblake, Feb 15, 2005
  10. Bad Boy Bubby

nickrusanov

anyone knows if C-Bus does anything except lighting on Wembley?

nickrusanov, Apr 17, 2006
  11. Bad Boy Bubby

JohnC

Not only Australia Stadium in Sydney, or the blue towers outside... the whole Sydney Olympics site itself is also controlled by Cbus.

In a past life (year 1999) I was responsible in getting that one working... the site is basically a 3km x 1km rectancle of roads. There are about 1000 x streetlights individually controlled by 1ch relays. There is SchedulePlus or C-Lution software driving it, so they can switch individual loads or groups (ie: a single road) on & off as required for each event.

The cables / backbone of that one is Cat3 gel-filled telephone cable. Some runs are longer than 1km but it still works OK.

That is probably the BIGGEST Cbus installation (based on physical size) :)

JohnC, Apr 19, 2006
  12. Bad Boy Bubby

PSC

Well done John, a big pat on the back to you ;)

It was declared the best games ever because of the Cbus factor - and who do have to thank for that?

JohnC

Three cheers for John - Hipp Hipp - Hooray, Hipp Hipp - Hooray, Hipp Hipp - Hooray. :D :D :D

PSC, Apr 19, 2006
  13. Bad Boy Bubby

JohnC

Ummm - well, actually I did have some help from a couple of prominent Clipsal Sydney guys names "Grahame" and "Greg" :cool:

JohnC, Apr 19, 2006
  14. Bad Boy Bubby

darrenblake

Biggest install in the world

aahhh, some truth,
    Well done to JohnC, Lamby, Claude, and Bryanty.

darrenblake, Apr 19, 2006
  15. Bad Boy Bubby

PSC

What about PhilH?

Surely Phil had something to do with it as well? :p

PSC, Apr 19, 2006
  16. Bad Boy Bubby

Phil.H

I know it seems like I have been around for a looooong time. Must be the tired look I have.

At that stage I was, dare I say it "in the real world" and was actually a Clipsal Systems Integrator :)

Phil.H, Apr 20, 2006
  17. Bad Boy Bubby

Jannie

Biggest residential installtion?

What is the biggest residential (i.e. normal home) project you know about?

Home many circuits / units / keypads / etc?

Jannie, Apr 22, 2006
  18. Bad Boy Bubby

RossW

I'll kick the ball off.... although mine is relatively modest compared to some that are being built in the capital cities....

Currently 63 devices including 64 channels of dimmer, 60 channels of relays, 7 PIRs, a light level sensor, touch-screen, PC-interface and a few other bits. Most of the rest are 8 and 4 channel Neo switches. This is spread over 4 switchboards through the house which is 55m long by 16m wide and detached aviary complex (another 24m x 7m).

I'm currently working on integrating the 48-zone security system into the c-bus system to make use of the additional 16 PIRs as occupancy sensors and to link the keyless entry (RF tags) and alarm state to c-bus. I've already linked many of the other stand-alone systems (generator and renewable energy sources, weather station etc) so certain high-power loads only run when there's plenty of power available etc. I've nearly finished as much as I'm going to do for now with the tv/theatre system through the house and linking that to c-bus where relevant (eg, touch-screen and NEO scenes for watching movies turning on the required equipment, setting lighting etc).

One of the next steps is to finish writing the code for a real-time web-interactive home status (and, where authorised, control) interface for all these systems. This last one is a little trickier, because I have very limited power available, so all the systems feed into a small, low-power 8-port terminal server so all the "smarts" can be done elsewhere over TCP/IP without drawing any local power. (Connected via microwave radio link, latency is about 3-4ms, which isn't enough to wory about).

RossW

RossW, Apr 23, 2006
  19. Bad Boy Bubby

PSC

This is a small house we are currently working on -

Total Number of Cbus Networks - 7

Total Number of Cbus Areas - 200

Total Number of Cbus Units - 360

Total Number of Cbus Switches (not buttons) - 169

Total Number of Cbus Dimmers - 74

Total Number of Cbus Dimmer Channels - 315

Total Number of Cbus Relays - 99

Total Number of Cbus Relay Channels - 448

Total Number of Cbus Group Addresses - 900+

Total number of Schedule Plus Scenes - 600+

Total number of computers controlling the house - 1 (Schedule +)

For more info - http://www.project-connection.com.au/case4.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2006
    PSC, Apr 23, 2006
  20. Bad Boy Bubby

RossW

You're missing the <sarcasm> tags there pete!

6 floors, 2400 sq m, 3 years construction an *splutter* $1.5M *ELECTRICAL*? Can't be too many "domestic residences" that stretch that far, surely? Makes my rather modest $30K odd in c-bus pale into insigificance.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2006
    RossW, Apr 23, 2006
Ask a Question