Best way to disable a particular key input on scene?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yamy125, May 20, 2012.

1. yamy125

yamy125

Hi,

I'm just wondering the best way to achieve the following. I have a scene where, when active, I want to disable a particular input key on a KEY2 unit (not both keys) from performing its normal function. Once the scene is off I wish to re-enable the normal key function. Is this possible?

I'm assuming yes with some logic, which I'm happy to mess around with, but just struggling to get my head around options and best course of action here. Might be adding complexities, but the current key on the unit that I want to disable is set to a dimmer function

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Cheers

yamy125, May 20, 2012
  2. yamy125

Don

If you have NEO or Saturn units, I would say use Join mode (Environment tab in Toolkit). This allows you to define custom key behaviours for each key depending on the state of a join group.
    This is not available on KEY2 units.

Don, May 21, 2012
  3. yamy125

yamy125

Thanks, so assuming nothing else possible to achieve this using a KEY2 :(

Interesting re join group - didn't realise that and will check it out for other stuff.

yamy125, May 27, 2012
Ask a Question