Best C-Bus control via iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JTJG, Oct 26, 2019.

1. JTJG

JTJG

Hello! I have been using the basic Touchsoft app on our iOS devices to control our lighting system in our home (vis wifi connection to a CNI). It actually has worked well but now see that they have pulled the app from the App Store. Can anyone suggest some good routes to go for lighting control using iOS devices? Unfortunately I'm in the US and its not a big market for Clipsal. I see various older posts about using Homekit and don't really know much about Wiser 2. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

JTJG, Oct 26, 2019
  2. JTJG

chromus

I use the anthony webb developed Homebridge interface so it fully integrates with Homekit and you can do voice commands and automation, there is a very handy Youtube vid by Daryl McDonald (who I think is on here) to show the install onto a raspberry pi but in reality you could chuck it onto about any debian based system including synology or even a Ubiquiti Cloud Key

chromus, Oct 27, 2019
  3. JTJG

JTJG

Thank you Chromus. I do have a Ubiquity Cloud Key and that would be interesting. How might that work? And with the Homebridge, I also need to install and run C-Gate Server I blv, on the same Rasberry Pi or someplace? The Homebridge sounds pretty easy but I would prefer not to have another machine running C-Gate to maintain.. How do you recommend laying that out? Thanks very much.

JTJG, Oct 27, 2019
  4. JTJG

JasonY00

Hi JTJG,

I also use Homebridge with the C-Bus plugin (also the Wiser plugin), however, it runs on a windows machine. This is because I use the machine as a server for Plex and it also runs my other C-Bus commissioning software. It is an always on machine so running C-Gate and Homebridge on it seems like the natural option (although I would like to have the time to run it on a Pi). Setup is simple on windows and the native integration with the Home App is rock solid. I have just added anther contact sensor to the cbus plugin with approval from Anthony and will try to get some more device types in soon.

At least give homebridge a try on any platform. I don't think you will be disappointed. The voice support with Siri is great. You can also add homebridge plugins for Google Home and Alexa Voice control (even Cortana via Alexa) which covers any voice control you choose!

See my thread here:

https://www.cbusforums.com/threads/...e-integration-with-cbus-via-homebridge.10133/

Cheers

Jason

JasonY00, Oct 27, 2019
    shindig likes this.
Ask a Question