Best AC Integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ks04, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Ks04

Ks04

Hey All,

I'm about to embark on getting A/C installed in my place in anticipation of a hot summer working from home. In each room I already have an eDLT and temp sensor connected to C-Bus which is currently controlling my ducted heating through a simple relay and some logic.

Ideally, I'd like to not add a separate set of controllers and temp sensor to each room and be able to control this via Cbus.

Is there a product that works well that I should be starting with? I've seen the coolermaster modules which seem expensive for what they are. How have others achieved this?

One dealer has suggested MyAir which apparently has an API that might work with some logic - has anyone explored this?

Ks04, Aug 26, 2020
  2. Ks04

NickD Moderator

Panasonic have a version of the Coolmaster CoolPlug which works really nicely with the SHAC via Modbus. You only need the CoolPlug part (not the hub).. I don't know exactly what the pricing is but I'm led to believe it's relatively inexpensive (especially compared to the older CoolMaster stuff).

My father recently built a new home and we put this.. it was really simple to set up... Most of the work was writing and debugging the lua script to get the 2 way control from the eDLTs.

Note.. this lets you control the main unit mode, setpoint, fan etc, but doesn't do anything as far as modulating or controlling zones goes... personally that sounds like a recipe for wearing out damper motors to me.

I put in a C-Bus 8 channel SELV relay to control the dampers in each zone, so it wouldn't be difficult to do some simple open/closed modulation to give some very rudimentary control over the temperature of each room.

Nick

NickD, Aug 27, 2020
Ask a Question