Bell Eco FireStayLED COB Integrated LED down lights.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by JimNoble, Mar 10, 2017.

1. JimNoble

JimNoble

I just bought a couple of these down lights:

http://www.belllighting.co.uk/fittings/EcoLEDFirestay

to try out on my 8 channel 1A leading edge dimmer circuits (L5508D1A).

We've used Aurora i9 downlights previously, but they're a bit hit and miss when it comes to dimming (lots of flickering, but not always all lights on the circuit), and the failure rate has been quite high. (I didn't know about the need to register for the extended warranty :-/ )

With two wired up to quickly test, the behaviour was virtually flawless. No flickering at all, all the way down to 1% (selected in the wiser app). Even with only one on the circuit, there was only a slight hint of flicker at precisely 5% output, and fine at all the other levels I tried (it's a bit tricky to hit all levels using the app).

Of course the light output wasn't 1%, but easily well below 25% I would estimate. It'll be easier to judge once we've installed them somewhere.

Hope that's useful data for someone...

Jim

JimNoble, Mar 10, 2017
  2. JimNoble

AdamSJ

Did you try this with all three selectable colour variants on the fitting? I've seen these fittings recently and think they're pretty good, so it's interesting to know.

Cheers,

Adam

AdamSJ, Mar 13, 2017
  3. JimNoble

JimNoble

One was set to cool white, and the other to warm white I think. I didn't try switching to daylight though (not sure I'd ever use that setting :D ). It was the warm white one that flickered a tiny bit at 5% when it was the only one on the circuit. I didn't try switching to the other one - didn't occur to me that it could be a colour temp dependency... :eek:

Jim

JimNoble, Mar 15, 2017
Ask a Question