BBS search functionality

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rhamer, Oct 31, 2005.

1. rhamer

rhamer

I'm probably doing something wrong, but it appears to me that the search functions in this BBS software are rubbish.

Every time I try and search for something, it refuses, and tells me the words were to short or to common.

How do I search for a post that contains the words PAC and PCI?

I even tried "still need a pci" and it rejected it.

I have never yet been able to get anything usefull from it, because by the time I've rewritten what I'm looking for to resemble War and Peace, and make it accept, the result is nothing like what I wanted anyway.

I can put single 3 letter words into other BBS software and it works ok, what's going on here?

I'm sorry if this problem has already been delt with before, but I couldnt get the search functions working well enough to find out.

BTW Great job on your own products.

rhamer, Oct 31, 2005
  2. rhamer

Duncan

Hi Rohan,

You weren't doing anything wrong.. the minimum search word length was at its default setting of 4 chars.. I've wound this back to 3 and rebuilt the search indexes.. works now. Thanks for letting us know.

Duncan, Oct 31, 2005
  3. rhamer

rhamer

Cheers Duncan :)

rhamer, Oct 31, 2005
Ask a Question