Basic Scene Creations

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by damo_sa, Oct 10, 2006.

1. damo_sa

damo_sa

Hi everyone, I'm new to the C-Bus family and have enjoyed learning how to program my system at home so far. (I've attached a screen shot of the units in my database, if it works, to make it clearer to understand what I'm dealing with!)

I have searched around and learnt many things, but one thing I can't figure out at the moment is how to turn a scene off that I've created without creating a second scene to turn the first scene off.

I have made a 'Baby Walk' scene that is turned on in our bedroom via a scene I made on our 5 Gang DLT Saturn switch via Toolkit 1.5.2. It turns on hall lights and the baby's room to 10% so we can walk from our room to her room to see to her. I want to be able to return to our room and hit the same button to reverse the scene, i.e. return the lights back to 0% so we can go back to sleep. Instead, I have written another scene to do that, using up another button on the switch.

Another scene I've created is a 'Movies' scene which dims all lights in the area down to 10% over a 20 second period. At the end of the movie, I want to be able to push the button again to return the lights to their PREVIOUS state, ie 100% or whatever they were on. At the moment I have to hit the buttons for the kitchen, meals, kitchen sink, living room to get them all back up. Again I could create another scene button but I am hoping there is a way of reversing the lighting to the previous environment before the 'scene' button was pressed.

I am probably asking too much, or if it can be done I will need to learn how to program in Pascal or something, I'm not that knowledgable I'm afraid :) Can someone point me in the right direciton so I can overcome this problem. I was hoping a scene button would act as any other button does, i.e. push it once it's on, push it again it's off, hold it down it dims etc. But it seems I can only get scene to turn ON.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to explain it clearly. Thanks!

Attached Files:

damo_sa, Oct 10, 2006
  2. damo_sa

Duncan

*bump*

Duncan, Oct 16, 2006
Ask a Question