Bar Code Scanner not scanning

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Jobba, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Jobba

Jobba

Has anyone tried using the bar code scanner on the labels that are slightly reflective?? It doesn't work! I've tried photocopying, tape, scanning everything I can think of to get around this. I have scanned loads of product over the years with no problem. Over the past 8 weeks I have been receiving stock of 5751L, & 5084NL along with dimmers/relays etc, and only on the PIR's and Saturn series switches are the labels a problem. They are slightly reflective. I don't mind manually inputing some items, when it comes to 1-200 of each item, it getting a bit much. Clipsal reader not being able to read a clipsal product:mad: Any ideas........please????

Jobba, Jul 28, 2008
  2. Jobba

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Jobba,

Thanks for reporting that.

First a disclaimer - we are mostly engineer types on this forum and don't have any involvement with packaging. While we did inform the relevant department, I recommend that you call tech support yourself to put an official report in the system.

However, we did do some experiments and confirmed that the new labels are harder to scan.

Are you trying to scan the Lift & Peel barcode? We could not get this to scan at all.

We found that the slightly larger Software Config Code barcode at the bottom of the label still scans okay with the Clipsal scanner.

We also found that a different scanner (we tried a gryphon datalogic d100) does work on both barcodes.

Hopefully this helps you get up and running in the interim.

daniel, Jul 28, 2008
  3. Jobba

Jobba

Thanks Daniel, I know it wasn't a typical engineering question, but at least you gave an honest answer. The " I haven't heard of that before" is still ringing in my ears.:D I'm not going insane afterall.

Jobba, Jul 28, 2008
  4. Jobba

ashleigh Moderator

Update: have heard back: this is being tracked down. More info later when its known whats going on, or broken, or whatever.

ashleigh, Jul 30, 2008
Ask a Question