B&W MKII with logic requires dual press

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by filpee, Jan 20, 2009.

1. filpee

filpee

Having this fault now on two different sites.

After programming the touch panel everything tests out fine but after a week or so if i press say a menu button the panel beeps (confirming that I have pressed the button) but nothing happens.

A 2nd press anywhere on the touch overlay activates the function. (no beep this time)

The unit was running version 3.13.0 but I have just updated that to version 3.30.0 so maybe this will fix it for good this time. Nothing in the changelog shows this as an error though.

filpee, Jan 20, 2009
  2. filpee

Mark

Hi Filpee,

This sounds really strange! A few questions:
    What type of components does the missed press occur on? Eg. C-Bus controls, page links, special functions, everything?
    Does it happen only on pages you created in PICED, or also on inbuilt pages such as Tools, Diagnostics etc.?
    Does it just happen once, then wait another week or so, or does it happen continuously once it is into that state?
    What do you do to get it out of this state?

Cheers,
    Mark

Mark, Jan 20, 2009
  3. filpee

filpee

I can only confirm at the moment that it is for page flips and C-Bus controls (this was setup as a bell press but i have seen it on the other job with a button setup as on/off).

Sorry, cannot confirm.

Once it happens thats pretty much it for every button press following.

Power reset, although today we tried flashing the firmware then uploading the program as a few minor changes were requested.

I'll run through a few more tests for you next time it happens and in the meantime I'll send you the various files for you to have a look at.

filpee, Jan 20, 2009
Ask a Question