B & W MK2 with logic : screen hangs

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Monty, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Monty

Monty

We seem to be having a problem with a few screens hanging now:

PICED 4.5 with 3.41 firmware.

Site1: On a couple of occasions the screen has hung specifically when entering a password to access a passworded page. The screen then seems to run slow and doesn't function correctly, like for instance: When pressing a scene button, the button freezes, and locks solid, and does not show it's active or inactive states. The only option is to down power the screen, then re-power. The problem then disappears for a couple of weeks or so until the next time. We have changed the screen, and the error is still there.
    There are no problems with the project on my laptop.

I have only used 2 of 6 access levels and 2 users.
    I used the Auto create button in Access levels which created all 6 levels.
    I have Users set up for the Supervisor, and Administrator levels, and have assigned these to a handful of changes.

Site2: Froze up in the same way, but I'm unsure if it happened when accessing the passworded pages or not. This is quite a different type of project to the first one.

Please give this urgent attention, as they are high profile commercial sites for C-Bus here in NZ, and we are starting to get some momentum going in the industry.
    I am happy to send you the projects directly if you like. They are not huge projects.
    They both have some logic running in the background, but I dont believe that this is a problem, or locks up.

Cheers

Monty, (otherwise known as "The Navigator", only when not otherwise known as "Propeller head boy", (which I take offense to, as I have never actually worn it on my head))

Monty, Apr 30, 2009
  2. Monty

Darren Senior Member

I haven't heard of this problem before. All I can suggest is that you send your projects into Tech Support with as much information as you have about the problem. It may be hard to track down if it only occurs infrequently, but if it can be observed in CIS, it will be possible to find out what is going on and fix it.

Darren, Apr 30, 2009
Ask a Question