Aux Input Help....

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by tom82, Aug 5, 2012.

1. tom82

tom82

Hi,

My alarm system has a relay board that creates a closed circuit when in an armed state and an open circuit when in a disarmed state.

When the circuit is closed (i.e. long press), I want to set a scene (All Off) and when the circuit opens set another scene (Entry) (i.e. Long Release)

I have created two scene as follows:
    1. "Entry" Scene with a few lights
    2. "All off" Scene with everything off.

I've connected the relay contacts to a L5504AUX (Aux Input) but am struggling to understand how to set the two scenes based on the change of contact state.

I presume that "Key 4" is the 4th input (which I've connected the relay to). For Key 4's Function I have selected "Scene" and "All Off" is selected.

... But:

- How do I set a different scene (e.g. Entry) once the alarm is disarmed (and the contacts are open again?).

- Does it involve the virtual keys somehow? I cannot find any documentation whatsoever on this unit.

I must be missing something here.....

Thanks in advance

tom82, Aug 5, 2012
  2. tom82

Brendan Rogers

Hi Tom82,

Try controlling an intermediate C-Bus GA (called say "Armed", preferably in the Control Application) with the Aux Input unit channel using a simple bell press setting for that input, then trigger scene A when "Armed" is 100%, and trigger scene B when "Armed" is 0%, which you can define in the scene setup when implementing scenes on a PAC, touch screen, or Wiser, for example.

With C-Bus programming you often need to combine standard basic functions (introduced in the C-Bus training courses) to achieve what you want to. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    Brendan Rogers, Aug 5, 2012
  3. tom82

2SC

2SC, Aug 5, 2012
  4. tom82

tom82

Thank you for the help! That worked beautifully.

tom82, Aug 6, 2012
Ask a Question