Automation controller trying to access 192.168.60.5

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Josh, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Josh

Josh

I am using LSS5500SHAC which is on firmware V1.15.0, I have replaced my network router and changed my subnets and have noted calls from the SHAC to 192.168.60.5.

I did a search on all my scripts, I do not reference that IP address anywhere, I do not even have that subnet. This attempt are roughly hourly.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Josh, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Josh

ssaunders

"I do not even have that subnet." Did you ever? i.e. pre re-number.

Some further information about your local network configuration would be useful. 192.168.x.0/24 class C subnets are local network routed only, so it may be trying to talk to something on your internal network that may not be at its old address any more given the re-number.

Utilities | System... Network | ARP table will expose a MAC address for it if it's in the Address Resolution Protocol table of the SHAC, and that might help you track down the MAC using your router to see if that target is at a different IP address now, giving you a hint at what it might be.

Do you have a local network NTP server that may have changed address when you changed networks? (= Network Time Protocol.) Any BACnet?

ssaunders, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Josh

Josh

No, I never did.

There was no re-number. I only have 192.168.0.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24
    Am using remote NTP, nothing local.

Josh, Feb 25, 2024
Ask a Question