Australian industry question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mattyh, Jun 14, 2010.

1. mattyh

mattyh

Hey,

Just out of interest, are there many integration companies in Australia that are a one stop shop? ie: design, install, program everything in house including electrical, security, access control, surveillance, AV, data networks, etc

Or, are they mostly micro managed using sub-contractors for each "trade"?

Cheers,
    Matt

mattyh, Jun 14, 2010
  2. mattyh

Cass

Well,

Hi,

I haven't heard of any that do everything, however, the company I work for do a fair amount: Design, Install and Program Cbus, Electrical, Data, AV & Surveillance.

All other needs are catered to by using sub-contractors. :)

Cass, Jun 15, 2010
  3. mattyh

mattyh

Interesting...

I know there's a few companies that do the design and program but subbie out the actual wiring - and vice versa. I was really trying to see if there are many electrical based companies that design, install, program c-bus as more than just as a system for turning lights on and off by incorporating all the other aspects of automation that can be controlled from c-bus.

Thanks for you response Cass.

Cheers,
    Matt

mattyh, Jun 15, 2010
  4. mattyh

darrenblake

Mattyh,

There are quite a few around that do provide a "one stop shop" for all the services you described.
    You will find a few listed on the Clipsal websites as Approved Installers or pointOne system integrators
    If you are looking for recommendations, feel free to P.M me.

darrenblake, Jun 26, 2010
  5. mattyh

joshl

speaking from one from Adelaide, SA. And I think design is one of the most important parts. I noticed a few people roaming around the CEDIA expo in melbourne did the one stop shop to.

joshl, Jun 27, 2010
  6. mattyh

mattyh

Thanks for the offer Darren. Finally managed to get my foot in the door with a c-bus platinum installer who also does security, a/v distribution, etc all in house and with a licensed electrician which allows me to complete my apprenticeship too. Stoked! I've been waiting 3 long years for an opportunity like this.

Cheers,
    Matt

mattyh, Jul 21, 2010
  7. mattyh

fleetz

Well done Matt....your perservance has won out.

I have a daughter that took about the same period of time to get into Jewellery manufacturing in Adelaide. Never take your eyes of the price and keep trying.

Goodluck in your new position.

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz, Jul 22, 2010
Ask a Question