Austar / Mystar

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Mr Mark, May 27, 2008.

1. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

Hello all...

Has anyone had any luck learning Austar Mystar IR codes?
    We're looking for some to finish off a project this week, and not having much success learning them with the IR reader.

Thanks,

Mark

Mr Mark, May 27, 2008
  2. Mr Mark

paulw11

Hi,

As discussed in this thread there are difficulties with learning Foxtel IQ codes and Tech Support have a file with the codes in it. I am not sure whether the same codes would work for the Austar Box - It doesn't look the same as the IQ but if it is made by Pace then the codes might work. It could be worth a try.

Paul

paulw11, May 28, 2008
  3. Mr Mark

Mr Mark

Mystar...

Thanks Paul.

The Austar Mystar box is made by Thomson. One thing we did find though: on the front window (LHS) there is the word 'remote' with what looks to be the IR receiver in behind it, the actual receiver is on the right hand side under the 'Error' label - sneaky! On a punt I modified the xml file slightly and got the thing to work. We have to go back to site next week and I'll test the rest of the modified codes. If all good I'll post them if anyone wants them.

Regards,

Mark

Mr Mark, May 28, 2008
Ask a Question