Audio Integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clinton's Electrical, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Hi There I Currently Have a A Old Minder MK2 ( Still The Best) And A Touch Screen, Some Neos And Some Old c2000 Switches. The Minder And Touch Screen is For Security And Scenes Etc. i Have A NAD Amplifier With A RS -232 Port And Is Crestron AMX Compatable But Thisis Very Costly.. Is There A Way Except using NIRT To Control The Amp ? The Pascal Controler Seems To Be A Idea is There Any Easier Way. Many Thanks. Clinton in South Africa:rolleyes:

Clinton's Electrical, Mar 28, 2006
  2. Clinton's Electrical

znelbok

There is a prgram similar to Cretron called Charmed Quark (AKA CQC) http://charmedquark.com/

One of the guys here wrote a driver for C-bus for it and there is a very active forum for CQC.

Take a look, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Mick

znelbok, Mar 28, 2006
  3. Clinton's Electrical

Phil.H

The PAC does RS232 very nicely. For professional quality installs / equipment RS232 is usually a better way to go than IR. There is usually more you can do with 232 and it is more precise. If you need a kick start with 232 controls and the PAC have a look here. http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1951

Phil.H, Mar 29, 2006
  4. Clinton's Electrical

rhamer

Mark 2 Minder old :confused:

I have a Mark 1 Minder (as well as my Mark 2) now thats so old, it is badged Jeeves :D

BTW I endorse Micks comments on CQC, especially the bit about the author of the C-Bus driver being an extremely good looking fella...... in a tough blokey kind of way :rolleyes:

Here is a link to their forum as well http://charmedquark.com/phpBB2/index.php

Cheers

rhamer, Mar 29, 2006
  5. Clinton's Electrical

Ross

lol, at least you have maintained your sense of humour.

Ross, Mar 29, 2006
  6. Clinton's Electrical

Clinton's Electrical

Thanks

Thanks Guys For Your help, But This Sounds Like A Mission For now. Ithinks A PAC Controller Is a Good investment And Would Like one Soon.:rolleyes: For now I Used A Spare Relay On The Minder And Read My NAD Manual It HAS a 12 Volt Trigger.!! But With The Quark Thing Do You Jist Link A RE 232 Port To A PC Interface Or How Does It Work?.. Have A Good Clipsal Day......:)

Clinton's Electrical, Mar 31, 2006
  7. Clinton's Electrical

rhamer

Currently yes.

The next version will link via C-Gate.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Mar 31, 2006
Ask a Question