Are there any plans for a....

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by MichaelCarey, May 10, 2006.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

...USB C-Bus Wireless interface? I sat down and had a think about what you need to make a HomeGate PC talk to some C-Bus Wireless units (if you don't already have a wired C-Bus network), you need a PCI, C-Bus power supply and then a C-Bus Wireless gateway.
    I was involved in a forum thread with the participants were talking about automating their home theatre lighting. I mentioned C-Bus Wireless (me being a C-Bus Fanboi) and while some had heard of C-Bus Wireless, others mentioned that it's too hard (read expensive) to get C-Bus Wireless to talk to a PC.
    I thought that a USB based wireless interface would be a great way for entry level control of C-Bus Wireless units.
    How about it guys?
    Regards,
    Michael.

MichaelCarey, May 10, 2006
  2. MichaelCarey

ashleigh Moderator

It is in planning.

Good things come to those who wait.

ashleigh, May 10, 2006
  3. MichaelCarey

zylantha

Almost 12 months on ... no sign of Wireless PCI?

ashleigh ... it's been almost a year since you told us to hold our breath - any update on if it's coming RSN or if it's still more years away?

zylantha, Apr 11, 2007
  4. MichaelCarey

ashleigh Moderator

It's coming. It is a low priority project, unfortunately. I'd like to see it sooner, especially after all the work I've put into it so far :(

ashleigh, Apr 11, 2007
Ask a Question