Arduino integration with C BUS?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by poldim, Feb 2, 2013.

1. poldim

poldim

I'd like to have an Arduino that sits on the LAN to be able to send commands to relays or dimmers on the cbus network.

Is this possible? I've seen videos on YouTube of people making their own Android apps to control cbus devices.

poldim, Feb 2, 2013
  2. poldim

Ashley

If you have a CNI on the network you can just open up a TCP connection to it and send appropriate commands (checkout the CBUS protocol docs). The problem with this is you can only have one connection to a CNI at a time so you really need a dedicated CNI which is a bit costly. The best way is to buy a CBUS SIM module and hook it up to a UART on the Arduino (it's 5V ttl). You can download a CBUS driver (written in C) from the Clipsal web site, but if you only want to do simple lighting that's probably an overkill. I just wrote my own routine to send and receive lighting commands directly. It's written in MikroPascal so it's not much use with Arduino. You can see the module installed in my PIC LED lighting controller here:

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7417

Ashley, Feb 3, 2013
Ask a Question