Approved Installer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gnomester, Sep 10, 2005.

1. gnomester

gnomester

Hi
    I've recently attended a CBus basic installation course and I'm curious to know how do I become an approved installer?
    I'd like to do a small install of CBus where I live but as I'm in a rental property I don't want to invest too much into this job. Is there a minimum requirement of installation of CBus to become an approved installer?

thanks
    Chris

gnomester, Sep 10, 2005
  2. gnomester

darrenblake

Approved intallers

Hi,

Generally the best way to become an approved installer is to make contact with your local CIS staff.
    They can go over the requirements with you.
    In general however, CIS generally require you to have completed a minimum of three C-Bus projects in the past six months.
    At the completion of each project, you are required to submit documentation including 'as-built' documentation, copies of all C-Bus databases etc. CIS technical staff will also generally conduct site inspections of these sites to ensure correct cabling techniques etc are used.
    Once you have you project portfolio, and all is well, you will then be required to sign a contract and your ready to go.
    Once again, contact your local CIS staff for details.

darrenblake, Sep 10, 2005
  3. gnomester

gnomester

Thanks for the info Darren. I'm attending a C-Bus wireless info night next week so I'll make some inquiries then.

gnomester, Sep 14, 2005
Ask a Question