AppMMI Not reporting all group status.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by Heathro, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Heathro

Heathro

Hi,

This is doing my head in!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the deal.... I am issuing an Application MMI status request (/05FF007A3800) to the network. I get a response D83800........., D83858........, D638B0...... as expected, but it is only reporting status of groups from 00 to 106. All other groups "do not exist on the network". I have groups 00 to 200 in use. I thought this was because some of the groups are not assigned to an input or output unit i.e. I have some groups assigned to input or output devices only. I am then monitoring the cbus messages to trigger third-party control (Crestron) when the group status changes from on or off. However, this is not the full story as I have groups that are assigned to input and output units and are still being reported as "does not exist on network".

Can anyone suggest what i am missing?? :confused:

Cheers,

Heathro

Heathro, Feb 3, 2015
  2. Heathro

ashleigh Moderator

Only groups in OUTPUT UNITS will appear.

Groups that exist only in input units will not appear.

ashleigh, Feb 3, 2015
  3. Heathro

Heathro

Thanks Ashleigh,

yeah I thought this may have been the case but I still do have some discrepancies with the group status. There are some groups that are assigned to OUTPUT UNITS but still do not exist. I will have to look into this a bit more. :(

Is there any other way to query the status of a group if it is not assigned to an OUTPUT UNIT? Perhaps querying these groups directly will work rather than MMI?

The control system will track the changes but to get an initial status I would have to toggle the each group in order to Sync its status with the control system. This is far from ideal.

Thanks again for your help!

cheers,

Heathro

Heathro, Feb 3, 2015
Ask a Question