Applications missing on wireless Neo

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by Ashley, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Ashley

Ashley

The applications Trigger Control and Enable Control do not appear in the drop down applications list for either the primary or secondary application in any of my wireless switches. Is there any reason for this? I am trying to set up a switch to change keysets on a wireless neo which uses the enable control application. Works fine with wired Neo

Ashley, Jun 16, 2009
  2. Ashley

NickD Moderator

There is a long boring technical reason... but the short answer is that you don't need to.. if you use the "Enable Control" or "Scene" key functions, it does it automatically for you, without consuming one of the primary or secondary applications.

Regarding wired Neo.. if it isn't already, you'll soon find that Trigger Control is prohibited on both primary and secondary applciations, and Enable control is only allowed on the secondary.... again.. for the same long and boring technical reason... the bottom line is though, even with this restriction, it shouldn't stop you doing anything you could previously.

Nick

NickD, Jun 16, 2009
  3. Ashley

Ashley

Thanks for that. I never noticed that ENABLE CONTROL turned up as a macro function. Works just fine now

Ashley, Jun 16, 2009
  4. Ashley

ashleigh Moderator

The long term plan is that THINGS YOU WANT TO DO will, in general, be just functions you put on keys.

Futzing around changing the application and then poking very hard to make a lighting function Do Some Other Magical THING will eventually become a thing of the past.

This is of course all some long time in the future still... but we inch our way toward it.

ashleigh, Jun 16, 2009
  5. Ashley

Ashley

Don't you loose all the macro function ability? On a current wired Neo, for example, I can set ENABLE CONTROL as a secondary application, then use a timer to trigger the ENABLE CONTROL for a set period etc. In the new scenario all it seems I can do is toggle an enable control manually. Or am I missing something here?

Ashley, Jun 24, 2009
  6. Ashley

NickD Moderator

I'm pretty sure this is not a new scenario on wireless... as far as I know the firmware has always prevented the use of Trigger Control and Enable Control in either of the primary applications.

Nick

NickD, Jun 24, 2009
  7. Ashley

ashleigh Moderator

You can do some pretty radical things in wireless, like set up a timer (admittedly it will fire a lighting group message out) and then cause a scene or enable control message to be fired out on timer expiry.

ashleigh, Jun 24, 2009
Ask a Question