Application Address limited range

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Kevinbutlin, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kevinbutlin

Kevinbutlin

Hi, I am new to cbus but have a good understanding of its operation
    I had been using an earlier version of toolkit to familiarise myself, now the project is approaching installation I have installed toolkit Ver: 1.14.5 (build 2333) running on Windows 10 with no units connected

My problem is I do not seem to be able to create an application address #228 for measurement, the range of available addresses is limited 048 to 95 and 112, 114
    How do I add addresses outside these?

Kevinbutlin, Jul 19, 2016
  2. Kevinbutlin

Ashley

You don't, because you don't need to. Toolkit only allows you to create applications that support individual group addresses (these are generally lighting compatible applications). The measurement application does not require this, it uses device id's and channel numbers that are set up when you install a measurement compatible device.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Ashley, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Kevinbutlin

Kevinbutlin

Thanks Ashley for the reply,
    The Application was listed in the earlier version of toolkit, i was going to use the measurement aplication address for temperature measurements, just thought it would keep them all in one place for use in some logic and display on eDLt's for the heating system 10 zones,
    If i am correct in your explanation I can only use the device ID and channel number

It would also be nice to give tags to measurement channels, I will have to write down each ID

Kevinbutlin, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Kevinbutlin

Ashley

Some temperature sensors support the measurement application, so it depends on the units you are using.

Also, when you set them up in PICED you can give them sensible names.

Ashley, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Kevinbutlin

Kevinbutlin

Thanks again
    Thinking of using the Heating (Legacy) Application #136 to control all heating related items, it should behave the same as a lighting App.

will assign tags to the ID's in the logic, temperature on the eDLT's will need the ID and channel for local display unless I update them from logic

Kevinbutlin, Jul 20, 2016
Ask a Question